The Lucky Ladies side bet is a popular optional bet available to Blackjack players. In this blog post, we give you a detailed explanation of what the Lucky Ladies side bet in Blackjack is, payouts, rules and where you can play it online.
What Is Lucky Ladies In Blackjack?
The Lucky Ladies in Blackjack is a side bet on the first two cards a player is dealt amounting to 20 points. Any card can make this 20, but certain card combinations pay more than others.
For example, a 20 made of cards of the same suit pays more than a 20 made of unsuited cards.
Side bets are placed alongside the main wager for the blackjack round but do not necessarily pertain to the results of the round. In the case of the Lucky Ladies side bet, this is resolved before a player even begins their turn.
Lucky Ladies Blackjack Rules
While there are specific rules that apply to the Lucky Ladies side bet, they do not change or influence the main blackjack game.
As mentioned, this side bet is solely based on what players have for the first two cards they are dealt.
Some of the rules that apply to the Lucky Ladies side bet are:
- There must be a standard blackjack bet. That means you cannot make a Lucky Ladies side bet if you do not want to play the main blackjack game.
- Depending on the rules of the table, the minimum wager on the Lucky Ladies side bet may need to be at least equal to the table's minimum bet.
- If a table offers the Lucky Ladies bet, the applicable payouts must be settled before the main game continues.
- The potential payouts differ depending on what cards made the 20.
- No Lucky Ladies side bet can be made after the initial hand has been dealt.
Lucky Ladies Blackjack Payouts
One of the most alluring aspects of the Lucky Ladies blackjack side bet is the different potential payouts.
The payouts may vary depending on the casino, but you can expect to receive anything between 4:1 and 1,000:1 for a winning bet. These payout variations also depend on what cards make up the hand.
Below are the typical payouts for the Lucky Ladies side bet:
- Lucky Ladies & dealer has blackjack: Both of your cards are Queen of Hearts and the dealer draws a blackjack. This awards a payout of 1,000:1.
- Lucky Ladies: Both of your cards are Queen of Hearts; it awards a payout of 125:1.
- Matched 20: Two cards of the same rank and suit. This awards a payout of 25:1.
- Suited 20: Two cards of the same suit but different ranks; it awards a payout of 19:1.
- Any 20: Two cards of any rank and suit. This awards a payout of 4:1.
It's also worth mentioning that the Lucky Ladies side bet offers significantly higher payouts than the blackjack game itself. A typical payout for getting a Blackjack (a hand that equals 21) is a 3:2 payout.
However, this blackjack side bet is solely based on chance, so there is no skill or strategy you can implement to try to increase your chances of winning it.
Play Lucky Ladies Blackjack Online
You can try your hand at the Lucky Ladies blackjack side bet online at the UK's leading casino, Clover Casino. We have a number of blackjack games you can choose from.
Don't have an account with us? Do not fret. Our registration process is relatively straightforward. Simply click the Join button and follow the prompts.
Besides Blackjack, we also have other games you can play, such as roulette, poker, bingo, and slot games.
*All values (Bet Levels, Maximum Wins, etc.) mentioned in relation to this game are subject to change at any time.